Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Closing Day....the demolition begins!

It is too long of a story and too ridiculous to relay about the closing today. Let's just say that the sellers are very crooked and selfish people....but, we have the house now and that is all that matters :)

Mike and I were both quite overwhelmed when we finally got into the house and started to look around. There is SO much work to do! It is hard with the kids around because they want to "help" and Makayla is right in the way all the time. AND, she doesn't know how to go down steps yet....so, I have to keep a constant eye on her. All that to say, we are SO glad to be there. I am HOPING to move some mattresses over and some clothes this weekend so we can start living there (Michael won't commit to that happening yet!!!.) That way, I can get some work done after the kids go to sleep. We'll see :)

Our first official dinner :)


The first hole in the wall


Bryant had to get in on the action


4 comments:

Janice Sturgill said...

Can't wait to see it! Praying for you! Mom S.

Anonymous said...

Danielle!!!! HURRAY!! I'm sooo excited for you. I have been praying and praying for you! Thanks for posting pictures! I can't believe I'm missing out on the action. I just love this kind of stuff. I will hurry home as fast as I can!!! Save some work for me. :) Have a great day!!!
Love ya,
Ang

Juliet said...

Truly wished we lived near. Gary's motto is: "Get it done." And he stays with a project till it is done.

Love the picture of Michael with the first hole in the wall.

Bob Patterson said...

So, I'm a little late and just catching up, but these pictures of Mike cracked me up...can't wait to see what it looks like in a few weeks!!! :)