Friday, September 12, 2008

More pictures :)

I went during inspection today and took some more pictures. It was kinda awkward because the seller was there :) She tried to sell us a bunch of her junk, but we did actually buy one of her bedsets so we would have a queen bed and dresser for when all of our company starts to come :)

This is standing in the front door looking straight towards the kitchen. Steps on the left and soon to be dining room on the right


This is standing in the kitchen doorway and looking towards the front door


The wall straight ahead going downstairs between the steps and the kitchen will be torn down and will be railing


This is the dining room -- front door on the right


This is the wall in the kitchen that will get torn down and will open up into the eat-in kitchen


The opening that will be partially covered up with frig and pantry....new spindles of course :)


The spindles will be replaced and will carry around where the wall on the left is torn down


Doorway in the kitchen. This will be covered up and French Doors will be put in the eat-in kitchen part. Angie Samms came with us today so she could see the house. She has graciously volunteered to help me paint. She says that she loves to paint and I told her that she is HIRED :)


This is where the door in the kitchen leads to -- it is on the right but will be closed in. A door to the garage is on the left. The french doors will be right in the middle


Obviously, the back of the house. Michael will eventually connect the two decks -- next year :)




These are the lights in the bathroom upstairs -- I told you, Dad, that they put these lights on the ceiling....weird!


Master Bedroom


Master bath and closet...the closet actually extends quite a bit on both sides of the door, so he will make the doorway larger so we can reach both ends of the closet :)


Looking down the hallway from the Master Bedroom....Makaylas room on the left then the boys. Bathroom on the right, steps to go down next, linen closet, and then the girls room straight ahead


The family room downstairs


The lovely styrafoam beams on the ceiling....keep or remove....hhmmmmmmm?!?!?!


The bookshelves will be torn down


The half bath downstairs. We did notice that it is a closet on the other side of the wall, so when we have completely run out of projects :) we can add a shower to this bathroom


The guest bedroom and playroom downstairs



These closets are in the guest bedroom and playroom downstairs


I had to run before I found out from Michael how the inspection went, so I will pass it on when I find out :) It was so exciting to be in the house and be able to start picturing our stuff in there. Angie and I went to Lowes to pick out some paint swatches before we went to the inspection....fun fun fun :)

4 comments:

Bob Patterson said...

Very nice house! Congratulations!

I noticed in that last picture that you have become adapted to the south already. The gun cabinet is a staple of southern home decor. Mike needs to do some adding to the arsenal, though. One measly gun just isn't going to cut it!

:-)

Bob

Anonymous said...

Your newest pictures make your new home look MUCH better overall than the initial pictures. However, the Kitchen look even more in need of a complete gutting....a great project than will make a huge improvement to your home. Most of the rest of the home looks very nice with the paint colors and the white trim every where. I can see why Mike is on "cloud nine" with all the "opportunites" to make significant improvements. We can't wait to see your home next month. Love ya, Dad

Anonymous said...

Danielle, in my prior note I forgot to mention how happy I am that Angie has agreed to help you paint....it is to your benefit, Mike's and mine!!! :):) Also, I do remember using Valspar paint...once...and I will never use it again. Choose a different brand to save your sanity. Love ya, Dad

Juliet said...

Michael & Danielle I lost the e-mail you sent and didn't know how to get to your new blog. Jan sent me her e-mail from you and I was able to reconnect.

Looks like you have alot of work ahead of you. But with some help from friends, it will get done.

Thanks for the invite. I'm looking forward to seeing your home someday in person.