Sunday, October 26, 2008

The kitchen is starting to look like a real kitchen :)

Just thought I would post some more pictures. My mom asked how we arranged the furniture in the family room, so I thought it was time to post some more pictures. There will eventually be a small tv cabinet in the corner of the family room -- when Mike is done with all the other projects and has time to do some woodworking....ha ha ha! If you notice that the island in the kitchen is a different color from the cabinets.....that wasn't a mistake :) Our cabinet guy told us that is the "in" thing now and it makes the island pop out. He has done such an awesome job on the cabinets -- what a huge blessing! He has given us all the doors, but we are waiting for the hinges to get in -- possibly Wednesday or Thursday. We are hoping to order the countertops tomorrow and they will take about 7-10 days. Two brothers from church came over on Saturday and spent almost the entire day on electrical stuff in the kitchen. Now, I actually have lights so I can see :) AND....most exciting of all, my oven is plugged in and working. I started cooking right away last night. But, it isn't too fun to have to go outside to hose off the dishes :) But, soon, I will have a sink!












4 comments:

The Samms Club said...

DANIELLE!!!!!! It's beautiful!!! It doesn't even look close to the same house. I can't wait to see it in person. I can only imagine how excited you must be. Thanks for posting the pics. I love it!! See ya soon. Love ya, Angie

2Icecubed said...

Oh my goodness, Danielle!!!!!!!! It looks so much different. Everything is beautiful. I am so happy for you guys to be near the end of the renovation. Now it is time to enjoy your new home. I love it!!!! Can't wait to see it in person! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Love you!

Juliet said...

MICHEAL!!!! What amazing work! (Danielle I couldn't resist giving Mike a little praise.) Actually you both deserve a hugh hand of applause.

It truly is beautiful. I just love the light fixtures.

Maybe someday I will see it in person.

Bob Patterson said...

OH WOW!!! It looks amazing!!! I love the island. Is that the same couch in the family room or is it all new? Love the chair in the entry!! Can't wait to see it in person in just a couple weeks!!! :)